i had a friend of mine ask what was big in the accessories scene and what immediately came to my mind? - spikes. spikes have definitely moved up the ladder. originally incorprated to give off more of a ‘punk’ look, i’m now seeing more and more chic-inspired spiked accessories. here are a few i’ve found on etsy:
- White Howlite Spikes Statement Necklace ($32.00) - LOVE the layered effect. it makes the howlite spikes stand out more!
- Antique Gold Spike Earrings ($50.00) - edge up your look with these spiked studs.
- Black Beaded Spike Necklace ($24.99) - if you’re new to the spike scene, this necklace is a good introduction. classy yet not too bold.
- Shooting Neon Spike Ring ($14.00) - what i love about this ring is how the spike is neutral and it’s the other colored pieces that make it stand out.
- Five Strand Woven Bracelet ($55.00) - again, i am a lover for anything black and gold and this five strand bracelet is truly one of a kind.
- Tribal Beaded Necklace ($60.00) - anything with rose gold has my vote. combined with the turquoise beads, this really pairs well with a casual-chic look, such as a white tee/tank with a pair of blue jeans.
recently for Christmas, i was given a pair of Limited Edition RayBan Wayfarers which made me realize how much i have become addicted to sunglasses which made me realize that this would be an excellent post for etsy tuesday which then made me realize i’ve been calling the Wayfarer glasses “wayfayers”. anywhoo, i was shocked by how many cute sunglasses they have and how affordable they are. peep the info below to get the scoop.
- Black Gold Wayfarer Sunglasses ($9.98) - i love anything and everything that has a black and gold combination. it’s the gold accents on these sunglasses that allow them to stand out from the rest.
- Dalton 1980s Round Horned Rimmed P-3 Sunglasses ($16.00) - with this pair, it’s all about the frames. can’t you imagine yourself on a hot Summer day with these? If you have your eyes on this pair, you better hurry up because there’s only one left!
- Forrest Woodgrain Print Wayfarer Sunglasses ($25.00) - my favorite color is blue and the woodgrain print is pretty awesome. need I say more?
- Gold Sculpted Jewel Beetle Wing Sunglasses - Tera ($85.00) - although these are slightly on the pricier side it’s all with good reason. these unique glasses are adorned with Gold Leaf Molded Acrylic and the wings are Swarovski crystal. you certainly won’t stand invisible in a crowd with these.
- Retro Cat Eye Rockabilly Vintage Sunglasses ($9.97) - loving the shape of these! I recently watched an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians (i know, i know) and Kourtney was wearing an enlarged version of these glasses. i didn’t like the ones she wore because they were so huge but the size of these sunglasses are perfect for many face frames!
- Rare Striped Demi 1980s Vintage Square Shaped Sunglasses ($14.00) - you don’t see many people with square sunglasses and that’s why i liked these. wear them with a chic bun and maybe red lips and you’re good to go!
Chevron print is very pops (or popular - sometimes i try to make up words as if i’m cool) as of late. You can find them on clothing, accessories, and even nails. I recently found some cute stuff on Etsy that revolved around Chevron. You can buy them for yourself or a gift since the holidays are fast approaching. i still have 10 people on my list. wah.
- Yellow and White Chevron Carry on Hobo Bag with Burlap ($62.00) - what attracted me to this bag wasn’t simply the color but the details on it. can be used as a great weekend bag as well.
- Chevron Tote Bag ($35.00) - it’s the dainty little yellow flower that got me. and it’s removable!
- Chevron Tote Bag in Gray Faux Leather ($118.00) - i love that they took the chevron print and ‘upped’ it by adding different fabrics to it. definitely makes this gray bag pop.
- Tribal Chevron Mini Clutch ($22.00) - super cute for holding just a few things for when you need to take a quick run somewhere.
- Chevron Cross Body Messenger Bag ($34.00) - i’m not usually a fan of messenger bags (damn those high schoolers with their pins and bags down to their knees) but this one was hard to pass up. the size is perfect and the denim really makes the chevron stand out.
- Elevate Red Chevron Leather Tote ($154.00) - the cut-out chevron gives a new spin on the already trending print.